Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Product Review: Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash Off

Photo by Suzy Hazelwood from Pexels

     For quite sometime, sugar has been known for its microbead-like texture that is effectively used for deep cleansing. I have seen it used from a lot of DIY (do-it-yourself) skincare. Though, you should be careful as this might be too abrasive if used improperly. So today, I will be doing my product review about this one cult favorite korean product, the Black Sugar Mask Wash Off from SKINFOOD. Let's go straight with the review.


"A scrub mask that contains mineral-enriched Brazilian black sugar and promotes smooth, glowing skin"
Price: Php 480 (may vary)
Where to buy: I bought mine at Basics Nasugbu

  • Scent - the smell reminds me of peppermint. Something like mint tea or mint gum. I was shocked at first because I did not expect it to smell like that.
  • Consistency -  thick and sticky. You can really feel and see the sugar granule, though you may dissolve it with water or toner so that it would not be harsh on your skin.
  • Packaging - I really like the way Korean brand package their products. They always make sure that the product is sealed intactly inside. After removing the lid, there is another covering to seal the product with the name of the product embossed on it.

  • Quality - in terms of cleansing, it does its job but I'm not impressed. I think I still prefer my Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask since it has a cooling effect and cleanse more. But don't get me wrong, it does a great job but just not the perfect wash off mask for me.

     Also, I wanted to try this as lip scrub but the instruction says "...to avoid the eye and mouth area..." so I'm not doing it. Overall I'll give this a rate of 4/5. I would recommend this if you can't afford the Innisfree clay mask which retails around Php550 - Php 650). Good luck and God bless.

Disclaimer: This blog is not paid by any entity.


No comments:

Post a Comment